This week marks 12 weeks for my pregnancy. I'm really excited because so far the sickness and really bad yuckies have subsided. I feel pretty good other than major hunger and exhaustion pretty easily. But I feel good most of the time. I'm also proud that I'm not super fat ... yet!
I go see a MFS (Maternal Fetal Specialist) on October 8th and we are hoping that he can tell us what these two little munchkins are going to be! At my appointment with my regular OB this week she did take a sonogram and she guessed they might be identical but she wasn't certain. She said the MFS would be good at determining all the twin stuff. I'm so excited and Pinterest has already been pinned and repinned with lots of stuff for nursery ideas!
Sophie has decided that she has named the twins and she regularly refers to them by her names -- Noni and Carson. No clue what sex those are or where in the world she came up with those two names but it's funny to hear her talk about them. The other day she says, "Mommy why is it taking so long for them to get here?" She's also been super cute with her excitement and all the ideas she has for them. She told me today that she was going to give them her Sara Seahorse when they got here so that she could sing them to sleep. Sara is a seahorse that is pretty much like the old Gloworm from the 80s. She lights up when you press her belly and sings a sweet lullaby. Sophie's now mentioned giving Sara to them more than once. So she's really excited about that!
Sophie started her new preschool class this year (same school as last year--Children's University). She loves her teacher and she's got lots of the same and some new friends this year. I am so in love with her school. I hope we can keep her there, they do go up to 6th grade, but not sure about it yet. Anyway her teacher loves her and tells us how smart she is. She said, "No really, she really is smart." Of course all parents love to hear that but I just had to share. We think she's smart but I wasn't sure if we were just being normal proud parents!
Sophie will be 4 years old November 28th. I can't believe it. I'm planning on an "Enchanted Party" theme -- unicorns, rainbows and a few masculine things so that it's a unisex party! I want to make this one a little more "special" than any of her other parties since it's her last party as an only child. She had some cute parties before but I kept them really simple. This time I'm planning ahead (for a change) and my creative sis is going to help me. Oh and Pinterest. Why didn't I think of Pinterest? I ask myself these things all the time. Anyway. Sophie picked the unicorn theme and she cannot stop talking about it. When we go anywhere it's always, "Mommy maybe we can get ___ for my birthday party ..." And she's telling everyone she's going to have a unicorn there, with a pink mane. I'm thinking the Trojan Horse, just not so large and well, ok no army inside. Ok. So maybe that was a bad analogy. I'm just trying to think of how to make a large life-sized unicorn ....




No comments:
Post a Comment