Hello Greer blog fans! I cannot believe I haven't been blogging about our silly lives in over 2 years! But I just decided, due to recent events (I'll discuss this in a minute..) that I should start this blog's engine back up! Who's up for reading about the Greer household once again? Great, for those who want to follow regularly you may want to enter your email address in the box at the top right corner where it says "Get automatically notified when I update my blog". Ok. Go do that. Now. Ok, done? Good.
Now to the juicy lives of the Greers... Well looks like the last post I had was in December of 2010. So our dear sweet Sophie was just 2 years old then. She's about to be 4, on November 28th and man has time flown by. I won't dive into too many details, trying to remember details of the past 2 years is a little rough and time consuming. However, I'll give you some highlighted recaps.
Now to the juicy lives of the Greers... Well looks like the last post I had was in December of 2010. So our dear sweet Sophie was just 2 years old then. She's about to be 4, on November 28th and man has time flown by. I won't dive into too many details, trying to remember details of the past 2 years is a little rough and time consuming. However, I'll give you some highlighted recaps.
First, my last blog post was written on December 16, 2010 and my sweet, dear Grandfather, "Granda" Travis Perry passed away on December 26th of that year. He had been sick some time and so his passing was one that the good Lord had to allow, as he does with all of us at some point. However, the dear old man is missed and I'm very sad that he never got to know Sophie as I know his weakness was blonde haired little darlings.
Sophie is the light of my life, the sparkle in my day and I love her more and more with each little cute thing she says. She really keeps us in stitches and we think it's just too fun to watch her and listen to her little stories.
We also lost two of our four dogs and that was huge heartbreak for me. Dearest David was quite sad too, as we loved those boys like our kids as well.
However for me it was a real blow as my dogs are just too dear to me to describe. My Great Dane, Amos was what the dog community calls a "heart dog" -- that once in a lifetime soul-mate dog that holds the most meaning to you. He came to me as a lanky, long-legged giant puppy and he got me into my career as a dog trainer. Loved by every person who ever met him, he was a true gem. Losing him really was the hardest thing I have done in quite some time. I still find myself upset from time to time. We lost him on April 21st. Jake, our Lab we lost on December 31, 2011 and he was too one of the greatest dogs on the planet. I miss them both dearly. (I made tributes to each of them on my dog training blog, Jake's is here and Amos's is here.)
... Anyway so we now have our Jack Russell, Trevor, and our Aussie mix, Noah ... and I decided after losing Jake that I should do something good and foster a dog that is in need. I took in this female Pit bull that I saw on Facebook and she's been a real interesting little learning experience for me. Pinky is, well kind of pink, and she's full of energy and zoomies and a huge tongue. She's actually really good with Sophie and very sweet, and incredibly smart. I love to show people how easy she is to train and quick to learn and that she's not a vicious beast as these poor dogs are often made out to be. However, she isn't so nice to other dogs and so she lives in her own world in my house when my dogs are put away. However, she's really a doll. But we are still trying to find her a home. So that's been a fun and interesting journey for us!
We also lost two of our four dogs and that was huge heartbreak for me. Dearest David was quite sad too, as we loved those boys like our kids as well.
However for me it was a real blow as my dogs are just too dear to me to describe. My Great Dane, Amos was what the dog community calls a "heart dog" -- that once in a lifetime soul-mate dog that holds the most meaning to you. He came to me as a lanky, long-legged giant puppy and he got me into my career as a dog trainer. Loved by every person who ever met him, he was a true gem. Losing him really was the hardest thing I have done in quite some time. I still find myself upset from time to time. We lost him on April 21st. Jake, our Lab we lost on December 31, 2011 and he was too one of the greatest dogs on the planet. I miss them both dearly. (I made tributes to each of them on my dog training blog, Jake's is here and Amos's is here.)... Anyway so we now have our Jack Russell, Trevor, and our Aussie mix, Noah ... and I decided after losing Jake that I should do something good and foster a dog that is in need. I took in this female Pit bull that I saw on Facebook and she's been a real interesting little learning experience for me. Pinky is, well kind of pink, and she's full of energy and zoomies and a huge tongue. She's actually really good with Sophie and very sweet, and incredibly smart. I love to show people how easy she is to train and quick to learn and that she's not a vicious beast as these poor dogs are often made out to be. However, she isn't so nice to other dogs and so she lives in her own world in my house when my dogs are put away. However, she's really a doll. But we are still trying to find her a home. So that's been a fun and interesting journey for us!
Well, for the good news ... the news that prompted me to start the blog back up -- we are pregnant with #2 ... and #3! Yuppers we discovered that we are having twins! Can you believe it? We weren't even trying to get pregnant let alone expecting this! Just really still in shock. I'm officially due March 24, 2013. That makes me 8 weeks right now. So it's early. We have no idea the sexes yet or if they will be identical or fraternal. I want them to be identical, but maybe because I know what it's like! My sister laughs and says "watch it be two boys!" {insert evil laugh}
My mom and dad are both super excited. My in-laws are giddy and my step-mom is too as she has triplet granddaughters too! My mom said she couldn't stop thinking about my dad's father, as most of you know we graciously called "Tink". Tink thought my sister and I hung the moon and since my father is an only child we were his only grandchildren. My mom said that he once said, "You haven't been a grandparent until you've had twins." So she said she was really thinking about him when I told her the news.
My parents had no idea my mom was having twins. They rarely did sonograms back in the day and so she never knew. ... until I was born. They said I was too small and there had to be another! My dad said he ran into the hall to call his parents. Tink was a real jokester, for those who remember him you know this. And so my dad said he said, "Dad! There are two of them!" He had to say it over and over as he truly thought my dad was, as he would say, "pulling his leg"! -- I love that story!
We are trying to figure out how to rearrange the house and the rest of our lives. I'll have to say good-bye to Ole Blue. My little Honda Element that I've now had for almost 7 years. I really love that little box of a car. And it's paid for. But hey, it isn't made for more than 2 kids! It did hold all four of our dogs really well though!
Anyway, ok. Hope you stay tuned and follow the blog. I'll update as much as possible. I also post a lot to my Facebook if you want to "friend" me!
My mom and dad are both super excited. My in-laws are giddy and my step-mom is too as she has triplet granddaughters too! My mom said she couldn't stop thinking about my dad's father, as most of you know we graciously called "Tink". Tink thought my sister and I hung the moon and since my father is an only child we were his only grandchildren. My mom said that he once said, "You haven't been a grandparent until you've had twins." So she said she was really thinking about him when I told her the news.
My parents had no idea my mom was having twins. They rarely did sonograms back in the day and so she never knew. ... until I was born. They said I was too small and there had to be another! My dad said he ran into the hall to call his parents. Tink was a real jokester, for those who remember him you know this. And so my dad said he said, "Dad! There are two of them!" He had to say it over and over as he truly thought my dad was, as he would say, "pulling his leg"! -- I love that story!
We are trying to figure out how to rearrange the house and the rest of our lives. I'll have to say good-bye to Ole Blue. My little Honda Element that I've now had for almost 7 years. I really love that little box of a car. And it's paid for. But hey, it isn't made for more than 2 kids! It did hold all four of our dogs really well though!
Anyway, ok. Hope you stay tuned and follow the blog. I'll update as much as possible. I also post a lot to my Facebook if you want to "friend" me!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment