Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Buzzzzzz . . .

I've been swatting mosquitoes away all week. They are all over our house. It's horrid. Just yesterday I went to get Sophie out of her crib in the morning and she looked up at me with her darling little smile and her face was covered in bites. I mean covered. If she had them on her body I would have thought she had chickenpox but she only had them on her face and hands, the exposed parts out of her jammies, so I know they are bites. I took some pictures. She's so cute, happy with all the bites. She never scratches at them and we've been putting Gold Bond bite cream on them and they are near gone now. David got some spray for the yard and is spraying the yard and we plan to bomb the house when we can get the dogs and all of us out of it for several hours.

Other than our poor baby's face being eaten, things are good for our little sweetie. She's pulling up on stuff more. She isn't surfing around furniture yet but she's up and standing on all kinds of things. She does pick a toy everyday that she loves and she makes that her favorite for a week or so at a time. Then she crawls around with that in her hand all day and she also has to have it in her highchair to eat and while she's drinking her formula. This week and last she loves her squeaky giraffe that I got while she was a wee baby. The giraffe was named Sophie and so we kept her name, for obvious reasons.

Last weekend David babysat while I worked on Saturday. When I got home we took Kelton and Sophie in the bike trailer for a ride before it rained. They loved it. They shared an empty water bottle and a snack holder of Cheerios. Kelton showed Sophie how to get the Cheerios out of the holder. It's one of those that is spill proof so they have to put their hand down in it to get the treats out. We got some pics and video.

No comments:

Post a Comment