Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Peek-a-boo.

This Texas heat is killing me, and our yard! Ugh. I see I'm lagging on my blogging. Man my life has been busy! Harry the dog is keeping me busy at home as well as Sophie. She's all over the place! She can stand when she's up against a few objects. She stands in her crib and when she goes up to the dog's crates she pulls up to a standing position, hanging on the bars for dear life.

We think she's starting to sign some. She seems to clap for "more" and every now and again we see her do the "milk" sign but she's not consistent yet. I'm excited about her doing more signs though. Fun, fun!

Today we played peek-a-boo. It's so fascinating to see a baby actually growing and learning like a person! She looks for things and notices when they are gone. For example, earlier today I was in the bathroom and I guess she didn't see me leave. She went around the corner and peeked her head around as if to say, "I know you're in here mommy" and I could see her looking confused. I said, "Sophie! I'm over here!" She turned around and smiled really big and started crawling really quickly over to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment