Saturday, August 23, 2008

Here Comes the Rain . . .

Well today was a good day. I have such great in-laws! They bought us our baby bed and changing table. It's white . . . Jenny Lind. Oh right, if you scroll down you can see the pic of the bed, it's in one of my other posts. They also helped us get a new couch! Yes, THE couch that I have so nudgingly spoken of. The one I've mentioned with such gentle passion. I can't wait for you all to see it at Christmas time. It's a sectional. It's leather. It's dog/kid/old person friendly! That means scratches, vomit, drool, and maybe that accidental poo--bring it on! Yeah! So all family members are covered! I'd put a pic of it but I don't have one and neither does the internet. So you'll have to wait until it arrives and I'll be sure and give you the pics and updates.

It rained very hard this evening. It was nice. Now that I do have pics of. The yard loved it. Amos, not so much. He's decided to be afraid of rain after 6 years of sleeping through all kinds of storms, he woke up one day last year and thought it would be a nice touch to pace at 3am and then crawl into our bed and scoot us out for his own comfort. Does anyone here know what it's like to wake up blaming your husband for hogging the bed and then looking down and noticing the husband is squished up against you because your 130-lb Great Dane is taking up half the bed? Yeah, I didn't think so. Well you should try it sometime. It makes for good story time.

Here is Amos and his thoughts on the rain. Can you see the joy in his face? Well, then here is a pic of my trees smiling because of the rain.

Ok. Well I'm really tired. I'm going to bed. Hopefully another fun-filled day for me tomorrow. . . .

1 comment: