Well I never did get back to you all on posting my updates for Sophie's 4th birthday. I'm so sorry. I'll add a photo album here that you can take a look at. The party was a huge hit and it was very fun for everyone who attended. Below is a slide show of the pics from the party. (If you can't see it visit the blog online you can view it by clicking here.)
![]() |
| Tracy with the kids at my mom's. |
Then we had a nice Thanksgiving in Austin, stayed at my mom's and then had Thanksgiving lunch at my step-sister Emily's house. It was great. All the kids were together and Sophie can't get enough of her cousin Delaney!
It was great to have everyone in one place, which rarely happens these days with the huge family that I have!
For Christmas these Greers spent it with the other Greers -- my in-laws and my brother and sister-in-law. We went to a cozy cabin (it was actually a very large house!) near Dorset, Vermont. It was spectacular. It snowed and snowed. Sophie got to frolic like a little kid should in the snow with her Daddy and Uncle. She had a total blast.
The trip was great. I really just sat around and drank copious amounts of my mother's Spiced Tea that I made while I was there. We got to visit the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory, go on a sleigh ride, and do some other things that were loads of fun. I wished I wasn't pregnant because I could have had more fun in the snow. I will tell you that the airplane rides to and from were so horrendous for me, at this stage, that I don't know if I'll ever want to fly ever again! On the way back our flight was so delayed from Dulles (Washington DC) to Dallas that we had to find a hotel and stay there overnight. Then our flight didn't leave to come home until 8pm that following night. It was a very long trip home. I did manage to get a lot of great pics. Here is a great slide show of the many pictures I got while we were there. (Again, if you can't see it visit the blog online you can view it by clicking here.)
For Christmas these Greers spent it with the other Greers -- my in-laws and my brother and sister-in-law. We went to a cozy cabin (it was actually a very large house!) near Dorset, Vermont. It was spectacular. It snowed and snowed. Sophie got to frolic like a little kid should in the snow with her Daddy and Uncle. She had a total blast.
The trip was great. I really just sat around and drank copious amounts of my mother's Spiced Tea that I made while I was there. We got to visit the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory, go on a sleigh ride, and do some other things that were loads of fun. I wished I wasn't pregnant because I could have had more fun in the snow. I will tell you that the airplane rides to and from were so horrendous for me, at this stage, that I don't know if I'll ever want to fly ever again! On the way back our flight was so delayed from Dulles (Washington DC) to Dallas that we had to find a hotel and stay there overnight. Then our flight didn't leave to come home until 8pm that following night. It was a very long trip home. I did manage to get a lot of great pics. Here is a great slide show of the many pictures I got while we were there. (Again, if you can't see it visit the blog online you can view it by clicking here.)
So I'm sure you are awaiting twin news! Right now I'm 31 weeks. Wow, that's almost 8 months for those of you not good at math. And my due date, which is actually 38 weeks (full term for twins) is March 24th. I'm not thinking I'll make it to the end of March but so far so good.
As of January 2nd they weighed 3.3 and 3.5 lbs. So they are doing really well and growing a lot! I'm tired, my back hurts and I waddle like a duck. I can't bend, I can walk across my house and then I have to sit down for at least half an hour to "recover". Yeah I'm ready, and I thank the Great Lord above for the wonderful husband and four year old that I have! Whew!
In more twin news, they have names! Yes, indeed! Their names are Stella Fae and Sadie Mae. Fay was my Great Grandmother's name (my mother's grandmother) and May is my Grandmother's middle name (my mother's mother). We altered the spelling a tad but we kept the names. All "S's" for the girls in this house! Poor David.
The nursery is in its final stages and I'm very excited about it. Double stuff, it's kind of fun ... I may be singing another tune in a few months but for now I'll be all giddy and happy for two of everything!
I know you are supposedly not "supposed" to have a shower for any babies after your first but well ... we don't have two of anything and to be quite honest I wasn't sure we were going to have any other kids at all so I wasn't too good at keeping Sophie's stuff! Needless to say Tracy is having a shower for me in February. I'm excited, who wouldn't be excited to get twosies of things?! And of course Tracy made a really cute invite for the shower. And we are registered at amazon.com, click here for our registry. ... And that's our life so far ...
![]() | |
| Decorations on their way! |
I know you are supposedly not "supposed" to have a shower for any babies after your first but well ... we don't have two of anything and to be quite honest I wasn't sure we were going to have any other kids at all so I wasn't too good at keeping Sophie's stuff! Needless to say Tracy is having a shower for me in February. I'm excited, who wouldn't be excited to get twosies of things?! And of course Tracy made a really cute invite for the shower. And we are registered at amazon.com, click here for our registry. ... And that's our life so far ...



No comments:
Post a Comment