Well this week I'm 31 weeks, belly measuring at 38 weeks (that's when I had Sophie!) and they are growing very, very well! They are now named in the womb and we know that Stella is on bottom, vertex in my pelvis (Baby A) and Sadie is on top, transverse under my rib cage (Baby B). Stella is 4.1 lbs and Sadie is 4.3 lbs. Yes! Big! I also am on track, right now, to go full term. I never wasn't, but you never know with twins anyway. But apparently all is well and my cooker is still steamin' up them little babies! My official due date is March 24th. It sounds far away to me ... but that might have something to do with me waddling around like a 38 week pregnant woman but technically only being 31 weeks!
We are interviewing people to come help me with the twinies, and Sophie, after they are here. I'm excited about this because it relieves some amount of stress for me. I know it will be work one way or the other but knowing someone can be there a few hours in the day to help, major relief!
Sophie's projecting all her learned baby things onto Stewart and so most days Stewart is "pregnant with twins" or "crying and needs a diaper change" or "sleeping so we have to be quiet." She's so excited and says about four times a day, "I'm going to be the best big sister..." and I assure her that she is correct and she's going to be so big and helpful. I'm unsure how long this stream of joy and bliss with last once they are here and she sees how time consuming they are!
We also had to get a new car! I had a Honda Element and David has an Accord. The Element was really my "dog-mobile" long before I had Sophie and only had two bucket seats in the back. The seats were removable so one wasn't even in the car and the other was for Sophie with her carseat. So, that wasn't going to hold anymore kiddos! While David can technically tote one passenger and 3 kiddos in the back still I couldn't. So we were off to look at cars and last week we found a great deal and awesome car ... and it came home with us! A 2010 Silver Honda Pilot! It seats 8 people when all seats are up (back row folds down completely) and it's so nice. I'm in love. I actually had been eye-balling Pilots before I even knew I was pregnant and "wished" I could have one. At the time I didn't think much because I had planned to keep my Element until it was no longer able to run as we paid if off in late 2011. But, anyway, meet "Sasha", which means "defender of mankind". She'll do her job well!
We are interviewing people to come help me with the twinies, and Sophie, after they are here. I'm excited about this because it relieves some amount of stress for me. I know it will be work one way or the other but knowing someone can be there a few hours in the day to help, major relief!Sophie's projecting all her learned baby things onto Stewart and so most days Stewart is "pregnant with twins" or "crying and needs a diaper change" or "sleeping so we have to be quiet." She's so excited and says about four times a day, "I'm going to be the best big sister..." and I assure her that she is correct and she's going to be so big and helpful. I'm unsure how long this stream of joy and bliss with last once they are here and she sees how time consuming they are!
We also had to get a new car! I had a Honda Element and David has an Accord. The Element was really my "dog-mobile" long before I had Sophie and only had two bucket seats in the back. The seats were removable so one wasn't even in the car and the other was for Sophie with her carseat. So, that wasn't going to hold anymore kiddos! While David can technically tote one passenger and 3 kiddos in the back still I couldn't. So we were off to look at cars and last week we found a great deal and awesome car ... and it came home with us! A 2010 Silver Honda Pilot! It seats 8 people when all seats are up (back row folds down completely) and it's so nice. I'm in love. I actually had been eye-balling Pilots before I even knew I was pregnant and "wished" I could have one. At the time I didn't think much because I had planned to keep my Element until it was no longer able to run as we paid if off in late 2011. But, anyway, meet "Sasha", which means "defender of mankind". She'll do her job well!

No comments:
Post a Comment