Monday, May 24, 2010

Life is like a box of chocolates.

Life is amazing, isn't it? Sophie is more fun than we could have ever imagined. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful little girl. She's now 18 months (well will be in 4 days). She's all over the place and is trying to say all kinds of things. She mimics just about everything you say.

We are gearing up for our first road trip with her. June 12th we leave with David's parents to go to the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee for a nice trip near Gatlinburg. We are driving and then staying in a log cabin home for 4 days. I've already made a list of dining and entertainment things to do. I've got it all planned out. The Black Bear Jamboree, The Peddler Steakhouse, Big Rock Dude Ranch, The Old Mill Square and the one I'm most excited about is the Ripley's Aquarium (it's supposed to be awesome! pic to your left). . . all will be fun!

I've got tons of pics of my sweet little doodlebug (Sophie's current pet name from me and David). I'm going to post a couple different slide shows of each.

This one is a random slide show of pics I just gathered from the past several weeks.



This is a slide show of us at the Fort Worth zoo just yesterday (Sunday, May 23rd). It was incredibly hot but we had fun!

1 comment:

  1. adorable, adorable, adorable!
    You've raised my endorphins by sending these.

    As impressed as I am with this precious little girl, I'm overwhelmed with awe at her MOM'S ability to make her website absolutely engaging and deliglhtful. I love what you do with this! You make it so much fun --

    Thank you for including me in your life.

    Have a great time in Tenn. When I was 14 we were driving through the Smokey Mts and saw a crowd gathered on the side of the road. There was a mother bear and her two cubs and people were snapping photos, etc. My mom and dad and I got out of the car, but when we did, the mother bear started toward me -- Mother and Daddy got back in the car -- I was left outside, screaming -- and my dad, from the safety of the car, said, "You're o.k. You're o.k.!" I teased him unmercifully about that until the last time I saw him. I finally got in the car and the bear had the gall to come over and put her paws on our car and peer in the window at me. Scared me to death.
    She was probably harmless....or not!

    Love to all of you -- Jeanie

    ReplyDelete