Saturday, April 17, 2010

Only Time.

I've never gone this long between blog posts . . . so sorry. I got swept up in life's little things. For those of you who prefer to skip all of my babble please do so and you can view the pictures only but for you others I prefer to babble, it's something I do well, so I'm going to try to catch you up.

I won't tell all of what's happened in between now and the last post, that would take all day . . . but I'll highlight the major points.

Sophie started walking last week. More on that later. Jake has had 3 surgeries since January. I lost my computer to a huge hard drive crash and all of my data. I got a new one last week. I found a Box Turtle, his name is Larry Longbottom. He's a new member of our critter package. I've babysat more than 10 dogs in the last 45 days, that weren't my own . . . in my house! . . . Our garage door doesn't work. Our shower is leaking. Our refrigerator went out, but has worked for us since the repair guy came to evaluate. The kitchen sink drips all night. Amos turned 9 years old. . . . I think that sums it up for the most part.

Here is a slide show of Sophie over the last several weeks.

She's brilliant. Ok, so we may be somewhat biased, but she's doing so well. I do think that her baby signs have helped with her a lot. She knows just about all animal signs. She doesn't do all of them back but she knows what they all are. I can just do the sign and she'll do the appropriate sound that goes with that animal. She knows tons of foods, and her new favorite sign is please. She says it for everything. She says, "Pea" and rubs her chest (the sign is your hand, palm flat on your chest in a circular motion over your heart) when she wants something. She does mama and dada, shoes, socks, hat and she just started yogurt when I did the sign as I fed her yogurt this week. It seems like if I put a sign with a word she is more likely to try to verbally say the word too, more so than if I just say the word and don't pair it with a sign.

She has learned eyes, ears, nose, toes and mouth. She's best with nose and toes. She likes to grab your nose and she says, "no". David started honking and she thought it was the best. Here is her honking Daddy's nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment