Thursday, January 14, 2010

Writers Block.

Well it's been a record time since I've blogged. I have tons of pictures and some cute video too but I've had some computer issues that are still not working so I will have to wait a bit to add those.

I've avoided writing as I just haven't thought that I had anything remarkable to put in words. Well, that's just not true and my life has become busy in 2010 -- work and other. I'm so thankful! David's company has picked up with a bit more business and I do think 2010 will hold great things!

However -- whoa, what a year 2009 was! I had a lot of things happen, good, bad and indifferent. The most recent in events was the passing of my grandfather, Travis Perry (my mom's dad we called "Granda".) I haven't lost anyone I've loved in a very long time, since I was all adult and all. It's rough, it's difficult but it's part of life I do suppose. My dear cousin (more like my other sister) probably did the best blog post about our invaluable Granda click here to read it. It's a lengthy post but it's a great one, I do hope you read it.

Granda was a philosophical man and always had wonderful things to bring to the table, insights and tons of crazy riddles. He was truly a man of greatness and one that, if you ever met him, you can never forget.

The other milestones that happened this year were of course my darling Sophie's 1st birthday--November 28 -- and the pooey dates where David got a huge reduction in pay and my business slowed to turtle-speed. It was a bit rough last year but with the family and friends that I have nothing could bring me down.

I'm not sure if I'm just bad at it or what, but I don't think I thank and express my love and gratitude to my family enough. I married into a wonderful family and the family I have always loved and known is underestimated as wonderful. Thank you to all of you.

For those of you who just think dogs are dogs you should really understand how absolutely great these furry, often barfing, many times annoying and highly expensive creatures are! My dogs teach me things everyday just like my daughter does. Dogs truly hold the ability to love unconditionally without strings attached and they really will do amazing things when raised and trained properly. If you have a dud of a dog, I'm sorry, maybe I can help!

My dogs actually taught me that taking care of something isn't easy. Life is full of messes, hair, loud sounds and requires a lot of patience and consistency. Because of this I do believe raising kids will be easier than some may anticipate. Dogs can't talk, they can't understand English so they do require that you have more patience, more understanding and impeccable timing to get things where you want them. Kids do the same and I know it only gets worse before it gets better.

Most of all I can't say how wonderful my husband is. He's the most patient, gentle guy and the best dad anyone could hope for. I really couldn't have done any better. And he's unaware of how good looking he is, which makes it really nice. I tell him always but I think his ego will stay intact. Sophie is the light of his day and he will do anything for her. He changes the worst of diapers without hesitation, he soothes her to sleep if she's upset and he does almost everything only mommies do best! He cleans the house, he helps me take care of the dogs that I have as clients when I board a dog at the house -- he's truly a remarkable human being! Honey, you're the best!

Well happy 2010, albeit late. I will post cutie pie pics and videos soon!

2 comments:

  1. Stacy -- I love the blogs that you, Tracy and Lara do -- and I am so honored to know each of you precious and outstanding young women. You make my heart sing, just to think of you! -- and I know that Trav loved all of you so fiercely and wonderfully. We all miss him - I know that you, his family, miss him terribly. He left a wonderful legacy in all of you! Love to you all -- and Happy, happy new year. Jeanie Miley

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good post, stacy. I think I should go re-write mine.

    ReplyDelete