Sunday, January 17, 2010

Parenthood.

It's a munchkin's world at our house. We've got toys scattered about, many lovelies to trip on, hurt your foot when you step on something you didn't see (much like a scene from "Home Alone") and new things that help us practice the "Leave It!" command with the dogs. Life is good.

Sophie had her 12 month check up at 13 1/2 months so I'm not sure what her 12 months stats were but her 13 1/2 month were 21.8-lbs and 31 inches tall. Yup, she's 50% in weight and 95% in height. Guess she's gonna have dad's height or she'll just be a tall toddler and then decide to slow down, who knows. One thing is for sure -- she's loads of fun and personality is coming out.

Much to my dismay she doesn't use baby signs really at all. She does water and that's about it. Even though we've done signs for just about everything she doesn't do them like her cousin does. I still do them, and will continue but I know if she'd start to use them she wouldn't be so frustrated over things. When she wants more of what she's eating instead of using the sign she yells and makes this horrific loud sound. I stop her and say, "Sophie, what do you want? Do you want more?" while doing the sign. Sometimes she'll clap her hands for her "more" sign and then I'll say "Yeah! Ok, here you go!" But often she gives a blank stare and I just do the sign and then give it to her. Hopefully she'll start using them more often soon.

Today in the car she started screaming and getting very upset like she wanted out of her seat. She's never expressed that before so I finally discovered that her shoes were bothering her and took them off and then she was happy as a pig in mud.

She's still not walking, doesn't really even try. Yes, she cruises the furniture, she has for months but walking is not on her agenda right now. We have a doll stroller that Santa brought her at Grandma and Grandpa's house and we did video her walking a few steps behind it. Rather cute but it's obvious that she's not excited about it. We've done it several times since, still nothing. Oh well, soon enough I suppose. Here is her video.

She's trying to say things quite a bit. Her most recent discovery is lights and she holds her hand up to the sky and says, "Lala, lie" and that is her word for "light". It's cute and if the baby sign for light was to hold your hand up to the sky she would have that down.

She's become so curious that we have now completely baby-proofed the kitchen cabinets and drawers and Grandma and Grandpa got her a dresser for her room. Now she has drawers to put all her clothes in and we just put her changing pad on top of the dresser as her make shift changing table. IKEA, where else?!

No comments:

Post a Comment