Well Thanksgiving was last week and then Sophie's 1st Birthday was Saturday! I was so busy getting ready for the whole week that I have just fallen behind on my blog! Ok . . . we did get loads of pics but unfortunately my computer is about to die so it won't read anything I put in my USB port, which means I can't download pictures to my computer. David has to download them and then email them to me--a royal pain. And to add to that we lost our camera. It was missing since just before Thanksgiving but we still can't find it anywhere. So we have pics from Andy's camera (yippee--the pro's camera!) and then some from David's parents' camera. We'll get more when we are able!
We had our Thanksgiving on Friday and we had 20 people in my house! It was so busy . . . and great time! My wonderful mom (and stepdad, only he doesn't cook!) came down on Thursday and cooked, cooked, cooked! She had actually cooked the whole week before. She makes everything from scratch, literally and so it's just that much better! I've grown up with that so I'm used to some true home cookin'! The boys played football in the cul-de-sac we live in and we all just had a really good time. I think I just finished off the leftovers yesterday. Here is a slide show of both Thanksgiving and Sophie's birthday party.
Sophie's birthday was great. We just had family over and a few of my close friends, as well as our babysitter/nanny. We filled my living room ceiling with balloons and then set them all free outside when the party was over. It was fun and Sophie thought those balloons were the best! I got her a little tutu to go with her outfit and it was simply the cutest thing ever! She got some great gifts, a handmade ride-on motorcycle, and of course lots of teddy bears. We had a teddy bear theme and our invite said to bring a bear. Her buddy, for you avid readers you know who Stewart is, hosted the party. I made it a Stewart party. So I made a little party hat for Stewart and he wore it. Sophie liked it and we got my favorite pic of her playing with Stewart's hat.We had our Thanksgiving on Friday and we had 20 people in my house! It was so busy . . . and great time! My wonderful mom (and stepdad, only he doesn't cook!) came down on Thursday and cooked, cooked, cooked! She had actually cooked the whole week before. She makes everything from scratch, literally and so it's just that much better! I've grown up with that so I'm used to some true home cookin'! The boys played football in the cul-de-sac we live in and we all just had a really good time. I think I just finished off the leftovers yesterday. Here is a slide show of both Thanksgiving and Sophie's birthday party.
Sophie's got several newbies. She's trying to talk a lot. She only mumbles stuff but it's very cute and she tries to copy sounds you say all the time. She's still not trying to walk really but does surf a little more. She says, water (with the sign), milk (sign only), book (ba, ba, ba) and she likes to say, "mmmmm" when you ask her what a cow says. After you drink and do an "Ahhhh" like it was so delicious, she watches you and then does it too. She also barks when the dogs do. It's more of a "buh, buh, buh" but it's still cute too.
Sophie likes to brush her teeth.
This was a pile of the bears she got at her party and we wanted to test her love for Stewart. So we piled him there to see if she picked him out!
No comments:
Post a Comment